top of page
HIGHWAY 522 LIFESTYLE
LEARN WITH ME CHALLENGE
Seriously! When was the last time you actually sat down and made a list of things that bring you total joy and contentment? I mean grab a cup of something that makes you happy moment and really THOUGHT about it?
I started to think about this JOY list in 2021. As you all know the whole world came to a stop in 2020 for most of us. As a nurse, I lost my JOY instantly and went into fight or flight mode as the world did not stop for me. It was really tough to find JOY again. To be honest, I need to sit down and reflect often. I needed to really take the time to think as my head was spinning continuously. Therefore, my question to you today is have you thought about making a list of “things” that bring you ultimate JOY?
If not, then keep reading as I tap into why this JOY list is important for all ages.
How did I begin?
Just like what you are doing today-reading a blog about how to find JOY after a life changing situation. I asked myself with arms high in the air, "Why did I wait so long to make this list?" I realized I was not taking care of myself (even though I thought I was) and was forgetting to single out the things that brought me peace of mind. From this moment on I stopped thinking about me changing careers or building an online business. I learned quickly that majority of us have been taught to believe that if something doesn’t make us money it doesn’t have value.
Therefore, I am going to challenge YOU to make your JOY list of 5 things that make you happy. Heck, you can add in as many as you like. But first let’s start small and simple. Remember, this list is not supposed to make sense to anyone but YOU! Please do not focus on things that only sorta make you happy. Really dig deep and focus on TRUE JOY!
Ok, here are 5 of mine!
1. Waking up before everyone (yes-even before my dogs) and enjoy complete silence. I then make a make a pot of coffee and run a nice warm bath with my favourite seasonal candle.
2. Getting outside! I absolutely love fresh air. As a nurse, I am often indoors for many hours in a day.
3. Spending time with my family. Time is flying by so fast and I can’t believe I have two teenage girls!
4. I love to learn. Sit me down, teach me something new and I am in heaven. I’m so curious that I have notes on my phone that are titled “Mel Needs to Learn More About...”.
5. Date nights. Even when the world was on pause-these date nights did not stop with my hubby.
My JOY list is 100% longer, but like I said above we just gotta get started! I am sure you get the idea on what needs to get done. Make a list that feeds your soul and schedule a time to come back to this list. Either to review what you wrote or add more thoughts to your JOY list. If you’re struggling to even begin, I hear you! Just take a step back and return when you can to reflect on what brings you ultimate JOY!
Make yourself a JOY List
bottom of page